Sorry, this entry is only available in 中文.
Xpeedic releases the 2020 version of its high-speed digital solution with many new technologies, new capabilities, and new features. The new releases for the other product lines such as IC simulation, package simulation, and high-performance cloud solution will come next.
The new release further strengthens Xpeedic's EDA product proposition: fast, accurate and user friendly, empowered by several new technologies including machine learning based synthesis engine, AMI adaptive optimization algorithm for channel simulation, and various optimization methods and DOE algorithms.
The release highlights include:
- ChannelExpert: the industry's first system-level high-speed channel simulation platform based on adaptive optimization technology, the newly developed pre-layout simulation with multiple built-in templates for automated analysis and optimization, a total of 43 channel standards including 200GBASE-KR4 and CEI-56G-PAM4, for automatic compliance check and report generation.
- SnpExpert: the industry's first automatic multi-pole Dk/Df extraction of high-speed PCB material property, more industry standards and compliances added, support server deployment with remote access by third-party tools.
- TmlExpert: the new and faster artificial intelligence based transmission line synthesis flow, improved 2D RLGC, 2.5D MoM and 3D FEM electromagnetic field simulation engines..
- JobQueue: add AWS to the simulation job management platform, support the hybrid mode to combine both local computer infrastructure and AWS cloud.
- Hermes: based on multiple industry-leading simulation engine technologies including FEM and and Hybrid solvers, it supports multi-package and PCB co-simulation to meet the fast simulation requirements of high-speed SerDes and DDR on the package and board level, and can also meet RF/digital Hybrid simulation requirements.
- ViaExpert: the comprehensive via modeling and simulation tool with more built-in parameterized templates including connector footprint, via array, SMA, BGA, and SMP and improved parametrics and optimization.
- CableExpert: built-in coax, twinax and USB cable templates to help users quickly build 3D models and analyze cable characteristics. It has become the industry's most convenient cable modeling and analysis tool.
- LibManager: the online device management platform for devices such as inductors, capacitors, and beads, directly interface with the SI and PI simulation tools in the market.
EDA flow for design and verification of IC, package and system becomes more and more complex…
Yole Développement (Yole), the “More than Moore” market research and strategy consulting company released the latest report on “5G's Impact on RF Front-End Module and Connectivity for Cell Phones 2019″, describing the market of RF front-end and forecasting the development trends. For the first time, Xpeedic Technology is positioned as the leading provider of IPD (Integrated Passive Devices) filters in this report. The company has been working in IPD filter market for couple of years and now is playing an important role in the global 5G RF front-end supply chain.
With LTE, RF front-end market growth came from carrier aggregation and MIMO technologies. 5G will augment RF front-end market growth with additional frequency bands, dual connectivity implementation, and the transition to 4×4 MIMO in the downlink direction, plus a trend towards 2×2 MIMO for the uplink. As a result, the overall RF front-end market (which was $15B in 2018) will grow at an 8% CAGR, reaching $25.8B by 2025. Filter will continually account for the largest share of global RF front-end distribution, and its shipments will grow from 53 billion units in 2018 to 100 billion units in 2025 at a double digit CAGR, of which IPD filters will grow at a CAGR of more than 16%.
RF front-end and connectivity market forecast（From：Yole, August 2019）
Yole's report provides a comprehensive analysis of filter and duplexer supply chain. The conventional filter and duplexer business, which supplies cell phone makers either stand-alone ones or integrated ones in RF front-end module, faces growing competition from fabless PA companies working hand-in-hand with design companies for both acoustic wave filters and IPD filters, of which Xpeedic is the leading IPD filter design company. By partnering with IPD foundries, Xpeedic delivers the IPD filters to fabless PA companies, which then supply the PA modules to cell phone makers. This disruptive approach has become a great alternative to the conventional one in the filter and duplexer supply chain.
Filter and Duplexer Supply Chain（From：Yole, August 2019）
“Yole's report provides an overview of RF front-end supply chain.” said Dr. Feng Ling, CEO of Xpeedic Technology, “Xpeedic has been a leading IPD filter supplier. By partnering with leading IPD foundries, Xpeedic can provide customerized IPD filters to RF front-end module companies with fast turn-around. Xpeedic is ready to provide IPD filters for 5G front-end modules.”
Cupertino, CA. — Feb 20, 2019 —Xpeedic Technology, Inc. today announced that its 3D full-wave electromagnetic (EM) simulation tool, IRIS, has been qualified on GLOBALFOUNDRIES' 12nm Leading-Performance (12LP) process technology. This qualification enables designers to run IRIS with confidence using the certified IRIS process file available on GF’s 12LP FinFET semiconductor manufacturing process.
GF’s 12LP technology provides as much as a 10 percent improvement in logic circuit density and more than a 15 percent improvement in performance over 14nm FinFET solutions, satisfying the processing needs of the most demanding compute-intensive applications from artificial intelligence and virtual reality to high-end smartphones and networking infrastructure.
“Accurate EM simulation tools are critical for successful first design pass for our clients’ compute-intensive applications,” said Richard Trihy, vice president, Design Enablement at GF. “The qualification of Xpeedic’s EM tool provides designers predictable EM simulation results for advanced process technologies.”
“We are very pleased that IRIS is able to achieve excellent correlation with measurement and thus qualified for GF’s 12LP process,” said Dr. Feng Ling, CEO of Xpeedic Technology, “As GF FDXcelerator and RFwave member, Xpeedic will continue the collaboration with GF on various process technologies to help our mutual clients with innovative solutions and services.”
The electromagnetic qualification program by GF ensures that every EM tool qualified by the program meets GF’s highest quality standards. With this qualification, IC designers can choose their preferred EM simulation tool, and its corresponding process file, to ensure their design confidence and reduce time-to-market.
Cupertino, CA. — October 12, 2018 —Xpeedic Technology, Inc. and GLOBALFOUNDRIES today announced the addition of Xpeedic Technology to GF's RFwave Partner Program.
The RFwave Partner Program builds upon GF's industry-leading radio frequency (RF) solutions, such as FD-SOI, RF CMOS (bulk and advanced CMOS nodes), RF SOI and silicon germanium (SiGe) technologies. The program provides a low-risk, cost-effective path for designers seeking to build highly optimized RF solutions for a range of wireless applications such as IoT across various wireless connectivity and cellular standards, standalone or transceiver integrated 5G front end modules, mmWave backhaul, automotive radar, small cell and fixed wireless and satellite broadband.
“Xpeedic is excited to join GF's RFwaveTM Partner Program. This partnership enables our mutual customers to design RF silicon and system with confidence by adopting Xpeedic's foundry-proven EDA tools, IRIS, which has been certified in GLOBALFOUNDRIES' 22FDX® process technology, and unique passive integration solution for RF front end module design. ”said Dr. Feng Ling, CEO of Xpeedic Technology, “The RFwave program is a great platform to give RF design community access to a broad set of innovative RF solutions developed on GF's industry-leading RF technology platform by the RFwave members.”
“As the RFwave program continues to expand, partners play a critical role in helping to serve our growing number of clients and extend the reach of our RF ecosystem by providing innovative RF-tailored solutions and services,” said Mark Ireland, vice president of ecosystem partnerships at GF. “These new partners will help drive deeper engagement and enhance technology collaboration, including tighter interlock around quality, qualification and development methodology, enabling us to deliver advanced highly integrated RF solutions.”